1. This policy governs the use of your personal information by Trustpower Limited (Trustpower).
3. If you have any questions regarding our privacy statement or wish to view or amend the personal information that we hold about you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address:
Private Bag 12023
Tauranga Mail Centre
4. You may be required to provide personal information (such as credit card, identification or contact information, or information about your energy usage) for the following purposes:
• to register for or to administer your account;
• to sign-up for or amend the services you receive from us;
• to help us determine the best energy or telecommunications solutions for you;
• to enter any competition or promotion operated by us; or
• to request more information from us.
5. You have the right to know why your personal information is being collected at the time of collection.
6. You agree that any information you give to Trustpower will be accurate, correct and up to date, and that when acting on behalf of a business or another person, you are authorised to give such information to us.
7. Please be aware that we may record telephone conversations that we have with you so that we may maintain accurate records of our dealings with you. We may also use taped recordings to train our staff or to monitor the level of service that we are providing to you.
Passwords and account security
8. If you register for online access to your account(s) you will be required to choose a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with your account. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account, whether or not you have authorised such activities or actions. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or of your account, you must notify Trustpower immediately at email@example.com.
Access to and correction of your personal information
9. You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and request that we amend it if it is incorrect. You must inform us if any of your personal information changes, to ensure that the details we hold about you are up to date and correct.
Use and disclosure of information
11. We may use or disclose your personal information:
• to correspond with you about issues regarding your account(s) and the services you receive from us;
• to send you updates or news regarding our site and the services we provide to you (including to recommend other goods and services of ours or of third parties, that we think you will find useful);
• for credit assessment or debt recovery purposes (including for supplying credit information to credit reporting agencies in accordance with the Credit Reporting Privacy Code);
• if we are required to do so in accordance with industry reconciliation or switching rules;
• if the network owner requires information for the purposes of operating the network or to communicate with you;
• if a reputable market research organisation requires information about you for the purpose of conducting market research, or contacting you;
• to persons who wish to pass on rebates or discounts to you, or you are a beneficiary of that person, and they wish to communicate with you, or it is required to maintain trust or cooperative electoral rolls;
• to send you your bills by whatever medium you prefer;
• to any internet service provider that you use to access the Site;
• to administer any competition or promotion you have entered;
• to the applicable intellectual property rights holders (or their representatives) if Trustpower considers that you are infringing the intellectual property rights of any person; or
• in accordance with the strict exceptions contained in the Privacy Act.
12. You may choose not to receive marketing or promotional emails by changing your preferences in the My Account section of the site.
Security of information
13. Trustpower has electronic and physical security measures in place to protect against the loss, access, misuse and, alteration and/or unauthorised disclosure of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while Trustpower strives to do everything reasonably possible to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to Trustpower and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
14. At your request, Trustpower will discard its records of your personal information once they are no longer required.
15. If you choose to pay your bills online, our online payment requires you to use the Payment Express system. By using this payment method we do not need to record any of your credit card details, although for convenience you can choose to save your information for future payments. Your payment details are not held by Trustpower but by Payment Express. For more information on this payment system, go to www.paymentexpress.com.
16. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer's hard drive, then sent back to the server by your browser each time you access certain sections of the site.
Use of your information by third parties
19. We allow third-party companies, including AddThis and Google, to collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services (including our goods and services) likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information.
20. We also use the information provided by the Google Analytics Remarketing and Impressions services, to better target our online advertising. These services report to us how our online advertisements are used and viewed.
21. To learn more about these advertising practices, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org or www.google.com/analytics.
Links to other sites
24. Should you wish to make public comments or statements about the products or services we provide you, or the relationship we have with you, we reserve the right to make such public comments as may be necessary to respond or correct any misconceptions or errors of fact. If you make any public comments about your account then you agree to us replying as we think appropriate using the information that we have about your account.
Residents outside of New Zealand
25. Our site can be accessed by people all over the world, in different countries with different laws. Other jurisdictions may have different laws regarding the storage and use of your personal information. By visiting our site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in this policy. In addition, such data may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction, which may have less stringent privacy practices than your own. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.